The size of the town, the welcoming people, the Mediterranean culture, the mild climate, the wide range of companies operating here and their curiosity and enthusiasm towards this project, make Alghero an ideal destination for apprentices in vocational training, especially those from Northern Europe. We have been receiving groups of apprentices with Leonardo Da Vinci, now Erasmus+ grants from Norway since 2007.
Our knowledge of the territory allows us to provide incoming mobility programs tailored to the needs of each participant, with a view to enhancing personal intercultural awareness, acquiring new professional and social competencies and learning the Italian language while embracing the Mediterranean culture and way of life.
We liaise with the hosting companies regularly during the mobility and are on hand for any problems or misunderstandings that may arise, we counsel the apprentices while they are here, both from a professional and a personal point of view. We try to engage them in activities that promote cultural curiosity. They have the possibility to practice a wide range of sports side by side with people from Alghero.
Pintadera was an active participant in two Leonardo Da Vinci Partnership projects (2008-10 and 2011-13) with partners from France, Germany, Greece, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Poland. This was an opportuhnity for us to acquire additional expertise in the management of mobilities and thanks to our involvement in these projects, Pintadera now receives apprentices not only from Oppland and Hedmark but also from the counties of Vestfold and Akershus in Norway.
We are currently involved in an Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnership project called MATCHSI - Matching needs and expectations of trainees and companies hosting for a successful internship. Pintadera is working side-by-side with partners from Norway, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and the UK. For further information about this exciting project, visit the MATCHSI website.
Pintadera manages all aspects of the mobility experience, from the arrival in Alghero to the beneficiaries return to his/her country of origin.
- airport pick-up and welcome
- Accommodations in comfortable apartments, centrally located, with single or double rooms as requested
- Intensive Italian language course held by Pintadera's expert teachers. We recommend a minimum of 20 hours intended for the acquisition of basic language competencies for every-day life and for the professional area in which the apprentice will be active.
- Logistic support throughout the first weeks to introduce the participant to the town, the culture, shopping, leisure-time activities – sports. We stimulate cultural curiosity and inform the apprentices of what's going on in Alghero.
- 24h emergency support
- Monitoring and tutoring throughout the period by way of constant contact between Pintadera, the apprentices, the host company and the coordinator of the sending organization.
We meet the apprentices on a regular basis in order to monitor all aspects of the project from logistics to training objectives.
At the end of the mobility, Pintadera meets with the apprentices to ascertain their level of satisfaction and the competencies acquired.
- Certification of acquired competencies