The Italian department at St Paul’s School, London has been organising Italian homestay study trips with Pintadera since 2005 for our GCSE Italian students. In my opinion it is quite simply the best school language trip our school offers – each year the trip is oversubscribed. What makes the Pintadera experience unique for the boys and teachers? The openness, kindness and care that Algherese host families provide year after year. The dedication of a management team who know how to give teenagers the freedom to negotiate a new language and culture in a fun and safe setting. The robust safeguarding and constant communication with host parents and St Paul’s staff that they provide. The expertise of mother-tongue Italian teachers who know how to challenge and motivate bright boys. The boys get all of this in the stunning setting of Alghero – a beautiful and liveable city. Every year feedback from them and from their parents is exceptional.
Some Pauline memories of Alghero 2019
- Unforgettable. I will always remember it.
- I made new friends for life. Over the moon I decided to go.
- The food was amazing. The views were stunning… I am only sad we couldn’t have stayed another week.
- I loved it so much – the best week of my life. Really!
- The activities were genuinely interesting
- Host family were so nice and treated me like their own child.
- In the lessons my Italian was challenged and this prepared me for exams.
And a parent testimonial: “Our son had a truly enjoyable week with a lovely family in Alghero and he returned home much more confident in not only speaking Italian but also in the Italian way of life and new appreciation of their food and the way they drink their coffee!! We are immensely grateful for our son having been given such an authentic exposure to learning a new language and culture and for creating lovely memories.”
Alexander Tofts – Head of Italian Dept.